2010-2012, Policy and Awareness Analyst, Rochester Institute of Technology
Developed and implemented security awareness and compliance programs that leveraged collaborations and campus-wide resources; facilitated information security governance; built consensus on risk mitigation; designed appropriate policies to manage information security risk.
- Developed collaborative new student orientation program that addresses safe social networking, identity theft, online reputation management, and illegal file sharing.
- Developed and managed standards and policy development process that engaged 50+stakeholders university-wide to ensure alignment with business objectives, resulting in the implementation of 12 standards and an improved security posture for the university.
- Collaborated with management and external consultant to conduct pre-audit Payment Card Industry (PCI) readiness assessment that resulted in management decisions that reduced risk.
- Gathered customer requirements and analyzed business processes to customize and manage ticketing system for tracking 100+ security incidents and investigations yearly, exception-from-policy requests, and service requests from initial report through closure.
- Taught as adjunct faculty: Department of Networking, Security, and Systems Administration and Department of Professional and Technical Communication
2004-2009, Communications and Training Specialist, Rochester Institute of Technology
Designed and implemented a strategic security awareness program.
- Created and managed multi-year strategic campus-wide security awareness program that engaged campus groups and centralized and decentralized information technology groups to create a sense of common purpose around security and reached more than 12,000 students through innovative activities and social media.
- Consulted with University Legal Affairs to develop training for Records Management Policy.
- Developed and delivered Digital Self Defense awareness and training program that engaged 30% of university staff.
2002-2004, Senior Communications and Training Consultant, Wingz Creative and Technical Group, Inc.
Provided communications, documentation, and training consulting to Fortune 1000 businesses
- Created administrator and user manuals for Emergency Response and Notification system.
- Mentored Fortune 500 communications manager in delivering sales force automation support and training
1992-2002, Communications and Training Consultant, Words By Design, Inc.
Consulted with Fortune 500 IT leaders and program managers to develop communications and training programs that readied end users for large scale technology change.
- Built account from two FTEs to 14 onsite consultants. Raised sales revenue from <$100K annually to >$900K.
- Managed team of 14 consultants in 500+ project management, training, and communications deliverables yearly.
- Analyzed and documented business processes for ISO 9001 certification.
- Documented Network Operations Center configurations.