Bulletproofing Your Career Online Workshop
Maintaining a positive secure internet brand is key to a successful career today. Managing that brand safely, and effectively yields positive results. Practicing safe social networking protects yourself and others.
Our workshop will equip you to:
- Understand and apply tools and practices that will protect you online
- Understand and mitigate social networking privacy risks
- Determine the best social networks to further your career
- Create an effective social profile that showcases your brand
- Learn how to monitor your online social presence
Schedule of activities
- Review key concepts in safe social networking, including privacy expectations, technical solutions, and best practices.
- Review key concepts in online reputation management. Develop Branding statements and writing styles for social profiles/bios that are interesting, enticing and unique.
- Learn to create effective passphrases, use a password vault, determine and configure typical security software, and understand and choose effective social networking privacy settings.
- Create or modify existing social networking profiles appropriate for their career goals; see where they rank in search engines; and review tools for monitoring page ranking such as setting up Google alerts and BrandYourself.
- Wrap up
Next Workshop Opportunity?
We presented the workshop at the 2013 Mid-Atlantic Technical Communication Conference and Workshops:Sharpening Your Personal Brand at the Giant Conference Center, 315 York RD, Willow Grove, PA 19090, on Friday and Saturday, March 8th and 9th.
If you’d like to find out more about scheduling a workshop, please contact Hannah and Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org