One of the responsibilities for STC Summit presenters is to provide a paper for the Proceedings that are intended for use by libraries and instructors. Here’s my contribution:
AN INTROVERT’S JOURNEY TO LEADERSHIP
What is an Introvert?
How Introvert Strengths Apply to Leadership
How I’ve Made it Work for Me
- Overcoming conflict avoidance
- Overcoming reticence
- Not over-analyzing
- Harnessing competitiveness
- Network: Stop avoiding events
- Understand how you work best. Get to know yourself. Take a personality assessment.
- Let others know how you process
- Leverage social media
- Communicate in multiple formats